Sunday, August 9, 2009

Transitions

This weekend has just been a whirlwind, but one that I am blessed to be caught up in. I left early Friday morning to a tearful goodbye to Pete and Dana, but the good cry kind :). The drive to PA took about 11 hours, but was relatively uneventful. On Saturday we took a small trip to chocolate Mecca, Hershey, PA. We had a blast. We toured the museum, made "chocolate art," and saw how beautiful Hershey is as a city.

Now to the goodbyes...it was hard. Of course it was. I am still a little weepy as a write this. But as we learned this morning at our worship time that God is the center of all things and holds everything together. This is something i must remember and lean on for strength. I love all my family and friends very much, but this is quite an adventure I am embarking on and am blessed with all the support those who love me give me.

Orientation is going well...I'm staying in "Manor House" which hosts 26 of us who are either going to Latin American or who are from Latine America and will be working in North America. It's a full old house (i'm sharing a bed) but I can always find someone to talk to and hang out with. We start the real orientation tomorrow (Monday) but I've already learned more about the history of MCC and where they are involved in the world. It is a pretty cool organization and I am blessed to be here!

Tchuss!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure. I'm proud and jealous of you, Corrie! Boothville Bob

    ReplyDelete