Monday, August 3, 2009

Hi All

Welcome! On this blog I will regularly (will try very hard) to tell of my life in Santa Cruz, Bolivia while serving with the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC). While the posts may not be eloquent, I will try to convey my experiences, joys, hardships, and steps in faith in a way that will seem like you are in a conversation with me instead of reading a boring report!

Just a quick overview of the next few weeks:

On Friday, August 7, my parents, sister Grace, and Wyatt will drive me the 10 hours to Akron, PA to the MCC headquarters. Orientation with MCC program participants begins Saturday night and I will meet my fellow SALTers who will also be going to Bolivia! After a week of orientation, we will fly out on August 15 and arrive in Santa Cruz on the 16th. Since I know absolutely no Spanish, the MCC is sending us SALTers to a Spanish language school in Cochabamba, which is about a 10 hour bus trip and higher up in the Andes mountains. There we will spend 2 1/2 weeks (Aug. 190Sept. 4) studying Spanish and living with a family. This is a wonderful blessing. I can really focus on learning the language before I start working at the center!

Here is some contact infor:

Mailing Address
Comite Central Menonita
Atiende: Corrie Krol
Casilla 213
Santa Cruz
BOLIVIA

Skype Address: corrie.krol
email address: corriekrol@gmail.com


Thank you all for your words of encouragement, financial gifts, and many, many prayers. All are so appreciated and I ask if you could keep all the SALT participants in your prayers as we go through this transistion time of leaving family and friends and traveling to all corners of the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment