Friday, August 14, 2009

Next Stop...Bolivia!



So tomorrow is the big day, I can't believe it's finally here! Orientation has been a blast. We've discussed some heavy stuff, like loneliness and the difficulties of cross-cultural communication, but it has been great meeting and talking with others from all around the world who are about to set off on a year of service as well. Today we had a commissioning ceremony and everyone was asked to dress in traditional clothes. We U.S. and Canadians wore church clothes, but there were beautiful clothes from Cambodia, Indonesia, Zambia, Ethiopia and more. At the service we were given a potholder that was crocheted by Mennonite volunteers, who prayed for us with every stitch they made. The house I live in hosts not only North Americans going to Latin America, but also people from Latin America who will be serving in the U.S., Canada, and other countries. Since tonight is the last night before everyone leaves...we're going to have a fiesta! Tomorrow my Bolivian group leaves at 1:15pm for Philadelphia. Our first flight is from 5:45-9:00pm to Miami, and then we takeoff at 11:05pm and arrive Sunday at 8am in Bolivia! There is no time change so hopefully I can sleep on the plane. After we arrive, we will have some time to rest and then our MCC connecting people (a family from PA) and others will show us around the city! I felt a little nervous when I was given my ticket this morning, but now that's gone and I am so excited! God has blessed me with this opportunity and I can't wait for this next step in the journey! Thank you all for your prayers!



2 comments:

  1. you are going to do great kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you would like to know your blog is above the news on my home page. I figure your news is more important. ;-)

    ReplyDelete