Wednesday, January 20, 2010

bittersweet symphany

krol fam countdown is back on. yay! first they bought tickets for feb., but then grace's profs said "not if you want to go to grad school." so cancel that and my dad bought new tickets for jan. 22-jan. 30! he couldn't get a hold of me, so on saturday i checked my inbox and had an email with their new itinerary and a "see you friday." crazy! gotta stay on your toes with the krol fam, don't know if santa cruz is ready.



but as i'm writing this my family is at the reception after my grandma's funeral. my grandma passed away early sunday morning. love you grandma geraldine pearl! you are missed. on sunday i got to see the pics they chose for her photoboard and not gonna lie, she was pretty cool.



and for the grand adventure of the week...arelis (fellow salter) and i decided to "get out of the city" on friday for a break from all the traffic and noise. so we went to the nearby pueblo cotoca, about 30 minutes out of santa cruz. turns out all there really is in cotoca is a big cathedral and a lot of motorcycles. we thought the one hotel we found was overpriced, so we got back into a taxi to find madre silva, a hotel outside of cotoca my host fam told me about. turns out that was even more expensive. welp, back to santa cruz! arrived back around 9pm, went out for dinner on a street that was completely shut down for a pre-carnaval stage show, and we were welcomed with open arms and huge laughs by my host mom and sister. they gave my some advice (always call ahead!) with some gelatin and off to my free bed. so i've been to cotoca :)



thank you for all the wonderful prayers and messages. they helped me feel more connected to home. and after posting last week´s blog i was back to feeling my usually happy/contentness with my life here in santa cruz. hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment