Tuesday, December 29, 2009

hola from la paz

hope everyone is having a wonderful break for christmas and new years. i traveled up to la paz, seriously up 3500 meters, with some friends. there are mountains everywhere, its cold, and its rainy! so like michigan but with mountains! tomorrow we plan on visiting tiwakanu, incan ruins, and will great the new year in copacabana and by lake titicaca!

last week didn´t start out so great. i got robbed yet again, losing my purse, rainjacket, flashdrive, and my cell phone. yup cell phone numero dos. but vacation started on wednesday by going to my host bro´s wedding in the morning and then the pool with my host mom and sister in the afternoon. christmas eve is the big celebration here, so we had a huge party at my host sister´s house - complete with plenty of food and papa noel! and my host mom and sister surprised me by getting me yet another cell phone! so let´s hope 3rd time is the charm. on christmas day we hit the pool again, then afterward i was able to skype with my family and with wyatt. not the same as being there, but at least technology let me see my cousin gerrit´s magic trick! on christmas night we went out and wandered the main plaza that was all decked out for christmas.

i am so incredibly blessed with my family and friends in north and south america! and am so glad i am here in bolivia!

krol fam countdown: 17 days

No comments:

Post a Comment