Monday, June 7, 2010

bye schroeder family




last week the (ex) directors of centro menno, hans and elma, and their kids went back to canada after 4 years of living in santa cruz. i miss them and pray for a smooth transition into a new life.




as a last hurrah we went swimming (crazy gringos swimming during winter) and had a nice dinner. then i got a hair wrap done with the girls so they could show off some bolivian fashion. but now they are gone and i just look like a hippie.






keep having interesting encounters on the street. this time a gypsy woman from argentina told me i was cursed by a witch and that´s why i´m crazy in my mind (so there is a reason!). but no worries, cuz she could bless it out of me for free. that all made me a little mad and when i spoke to my friends she would yell at me "no espeaky in inglés!" we got away, but it took our favorite ice cream treat a "fruggy" (what the what i am completely blanking on the english name - candy bits mixed in vanilla ice cream) to feel better.


i have 6 weeks left (rapidingo!), so the job search has been kicked up a few notches. if anyone knows of anything out there, please tell me.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Just 6 weeks left in Bolivia! Where would you like to work next? Do you have a particular sort of job in mind? It's great to hear how your stay in Bolivia has allowed you to develop strong ties with Centro Menno staff and others that you're living with. I pray that the remaining weeks will be a great blessing as you wrap things up and learn what God next has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look like a hippie. You combed your hair today and I was very convinced of your heartfelt lecture on dressing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the english name you're looking for... Dip 'N Dots? ... I found out how to comment!

    ReplyDelete